2.08.2009

Tomato Basil Chicken in Cream Sauce

I didn't get a chance to take a picture of this one but it is phenomenal.  A client gave me this recipe a few weeks ago and I kept meaning to try it, now  I'm so glad I did. It's Delish...and quite easy.

2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 T. Oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
3 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/2 C. White cooking wine
1/3 C. Whipping cream
1/4 C. drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
3 T. thinly sliced fresh basil

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chicken to skillet and saute until golden.  Add garlic and stir 30 seconds.  Add cooking wine, cream, and tomatoes and bring to boil.  Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until chicken is just cooked through, about 3 minutes.  Transfer chicken to plates.  Add basil to sauce in skillet.  Increase heat and boil until sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 2 minutes.  Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper, spoon over chicken and serve.

Serving note: I think it would be great over some capellini pasta.

No comments: